- Sprouted mung beans– 2 cups
- Onion, chopped – 1 large
- Tomato, chopped – 2 medium
- Potato, boiled and small cubed- 1 (optional)
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped- a handful
- Lime Juice – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Tamarind Chutney – 2 tbsp
- Mint chutney- 2 tbsp or some chopped mint leaves.
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp or your personal like
- Rock salt or/and Black salt – to taste
- Chaat Masala – 2 tsp
- Fine Sev – for garnish (optional)
- Khakara- for serving (optional)
- Steam or microwave sprouted mung beans for 3 to 5 minutes or saute with little oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl mix all of the above except the sev and khakara.
- Mix well and garnish with sev as a right before eating. Sprinkle some chat masala on it.
- Serve with Indian nachos, oh it's khakara.
- To make it healthier – skip sev, it tastes great even without it.
- You may use raw sprouts if you like.
- You may use 1 tbsp of finely chopped raw mango or pomegranate seeds (anardana) or both.
- You may use cucumber.
- You may use this salad for sandwich filling.