- Fine rice noodles- 200 gm (1 package)
- Eggs- 2 (optional)
- Curry powder- 4 tsp (add more if you like)
- Chili flex- 2 to 4 tsp
- Ginger, minced- 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, minced- 6
- Soy sauce- 3 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp (in origin recipe they used dry sherry)
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¼ inch julienne- ½ cup to 1 cup (optional)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Carrot, julienne- 1 cup
- Bean sprouts- ½ cup (optional)
- Mushrooms, sliced- 6
- Green bell pepper (capsicum), julienne- 1 large size
- Spring onion (white bulb only), sliced lengthwise- 12
- Cabbage, shredded- 2 cups
- Broccoli florets- 8 (optional)
- Chicken or vegetable stalk- ¼ cup (or use 2 tbsp of water)
- Peanut oil or vegetable oil- around 5 to 6 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut and marinate chicken with salt, pepper, ginger-garlic paste, pinch of curry powder and 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar for 1-2 hours.
Boil water with pinch of salt in a a large pot.
To cook rice noodles, soak them in boiling hot water for 2 minutes or as the instructions on the package specify.
Drain the water and immerse in cold water. (Let the noodle air-dry and firm up in a colander for at least 30 minutes or as long as 2 to 3 hours; toss occasionally.)
When you are ready to prepare the dish, whisk together the eggs, pinch of curry powder, salt and pepper until blended.
Pour 1 tbsp of the peanut or vegetable oil into a heavy skillet or non stick wok set over moderately high heat.
Pour in the egg mixture and immediately reduce the heat to low.
Scramble the eggs until just set; turn out onto a plate and reserve.
Return the wok to moderately high heat and pour in 2-3 tsp of the oil.
Add the chicken and stir fry until just cooked, about 1-2 minute.
Remove and reserve in a small bowl.
Place a large wok over high heat. Add 4 tbsp of the oil.
Add the ginger, garlic, chilies, spring onion whites and the remaining curry powder.
Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots, capsicum, mushrooms, cabbage, soy sauce, apple sider vinegar and salt and sauté for some time till the vegetables soften.
Add the rice noodles, chicken, scrambled egg and chilli flex mixed with the other ingredients and toss well over a high flame.
- Avoid chicken and eggs, make this dish vegetarian.
- Instead of chicken you may add soya chunks or tofu.
- You can add your choice of other vegetables.
- You can add prawns in this dish as original recipe.
- Increase chili flexes or add chili sambal (chili paste) to make more spicy.