- Sabudana (Sago) - 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup (for soaking)
- Potato, boiled and mashed - 3 med sized
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 2 tsp
- Peanuts, roasted and peeled - ½ cup
- Red chilli powder- 1½ tsp or green chilli, crushed- 2 to 3
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
Rinse sago well with water. Soak sago overnight or for atleast 3-4 hrs with ½ cup water. Dont add more water, it will become mushy.
After soaking, you can see the sago absorbed the water well and just press it with your fingers it will be soft. Every sago kernels should be separated, should not be stick each other.
Make small sized ball, press on the palms and shape them into vadas. Make all the vadas same way.
Heat oil in a wok/kadhai. Deep fry them till golden brown and crispy. Fry them on medium flame.
- You may use green chillies instead of red chilli powder. Chop finely or crush with cumin seeds coarsely and add this in the sago mixture.
- You can add 2 tsp of sago or samo (varai) or rajgeera flour while mixing if the mixture is too sticky.
- If you are not fasting, then you may add rice flour instead of above mentioned flours, sabudana vada is become more crispy.
- If you are not fasting then you can add coriander leaves also.