हि पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून....... इथे क्लिक करा.
- Fresh wet cashew nuts (ole kaju), peeled- 1 cup
- Fresh green peas (matar)- 1 cup
- Potato- 1 med size
- Onion, finely chopped - 1 cup
- Tomato, chopped- ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Malwani masala or home made mix masala – 3 tsp or as per taste
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Veg. oil- 3 to 4 tbsp
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Peel and wash cashew nuts properly. Apply some oil on palms, their peels are itchy.
- Peel potato and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadai (wok). Add onion & sauté till it turn golden brown.
- Add hing, turmeric powder, malwani masala & sauté for few seconds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add green peas, cashew nuts, potato & some water. Cover & cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Add tomato, salt, garam masala & some water. Mix well & cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Add some water & adjust consistency as per personal choice but remember it’s thick curry. Continue to simmer this curry for 3 to 4 minutes or until cashew nuts & potato cooked.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with chapati or in a meal as side.
- You may use (1 tsp of chilli powder + 2 tsp of garam masala) instead of (malwani masala and garam masala).
- If matar are frozen, add sometime later to avoid overcook.
- If cashews are big, they takes more time to cook. Cook proparly, uncooked cashews tastes bad.
- You can store peeled cashew in freezer for 8-10 days, but for better result not more than that.
- You may add some coconut paste for thickness. But I don't use this for this curry.