हि पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून… इथे क्लिक करा.
- Rice flour or all purpose flour- as required (for rolling)
- Pure ghee- as required (for frying)
- Milk- as required (for serving)
- Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour (maida) -½ cup
- Fine semolina (barik rava)- 2 tbsp
- Oil (mohan)- ¼ cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp or to taste
- Water- approx. ¾ cup to 1 cup
- Khoya (khava)- 200 gm (1 cup)
- Powdered sugar- ¾ cup to 1 cup
- Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas) - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder or nutmeg powder- 1 tsp
- Whole wheat flour- ¼ cup
- Pure ghee- 1 tsp
- Milk- 1 tsp (if necessary)
- Mix wheat flour, semolina, all purpose flour and salt together. Heat the oil till very hot and add to the flour.
- Knead a dough adding enough water. The dough should be a little tougher than the regular roti dough.
- Keep covered for 2 hours.
- Roast the poppy seeds till slightly change color and grind or crush coarsely.
- Roast wheat flour with 1 tsp of ghee in a pan, roast till it turns pinkish in color and releases an appetizing smell. Transfer it to another bowl.
- Dry roast khoya (khava) in a pan and saute it on a low-medium flame. Keep stirring till it becomes a little soft and it gets pinkish color.
- Let it little bit cool. when khoya will become lukewarm, start kneading to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar, roasted flour, cardamom powder and poppy seed crush to it. Mix well. If you fill that filling is too dry, just wet your hands with milk and knead again. Make sure that no any lump in it.
- Make lemon size balls of khoya mixture.
- Make lemon size balls of dough.
- Grease your palms with some ghee, put dough ball. Make a small pit in the middle and make shape like katori. Stuff it with the khoya mixture. Close and seal well like stuff paratha or puran poli.
- Lightly roll out the rotis using some rice flour. Make sure the mixture does not come out.
- Heat non-stick tawa on medium heat. Roast on both sides till they turn light brown. Drizzle ghee while roasting.
- Serve with milk. Pour ghee on the roti.
If you have some leftover pedha or burfi. You can make khoya roti from this. Combine and mix pedha, very little milk and some powdered sugar in the food processor. You will get filling. The rest of recipe is same.