हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Crabs - 6
- Onion, finely chopped- 1 medium
- Asafetida (Hing) - ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Homemade Masala/ Malwani masala/ Sunday Masala- 2 to 3 tsp
- Oil- 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Ginger- ½ inch
- Garlic cloves- 6
- Fresh coriander- a handful
- Green chilli- 1
For coconut-onion paste:-
- Onion, sliced-1 medium
- Dry coconut, grated- ½ cup
- Pepper corns- 4
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon stick- 2 inch piece
- Fennel seeds- 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds- 2 tsp
- Clean the crabs and separate the claws and the legs.
- Marinate crabs with green masala paste, turmeric powder, hing, masala and salt. (Since crabs are naturally salty, so use salt carefully.)
- Grind the small legs of all crabs to a paste and squeeze the juice from them. Sieve the ground juice through a muslin cloth or fine strainer and keep aside. This juice gives taste to curry hence it is used to make the gravy. (But if you feel this is tricky then you can omit this step.)
- Heat oil in a thick bottom cauldron/wok and add onion. Saute onion till turns golden brown.
- Add marinated crabs and coconut paste and fry till the oil separates.
- Add the crab juice, cover with lid and cook on low flame. Crabs become red.
- Add some required water to adjust consistency of curry as you like. Use hot water.
- Boil for 15 minutes or till crabs are fully cooked.