- Broccoli, finely chopped- 250 gm (approx.1 cup)
- Onion, finely chopped- ½ cup
- Garlic, minced- 1 tbsp
- Green chillies, minced- 3 (optional or you can use chili flakes)
- Cornflour- 2 tbsp
- Processed cheese, grated- ½ cup or 3 cubes
- Bread crumbs- ½ cup (from 3-4 bread slices)
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Dry bread crumbs for rolling- as required
- Oil for shallow frying- as required
- Boil water, add pinch of soda-bi-carb. Parboil broccoli florets. Drain and squeeze lightly. Allow to cool and chop finely broccoli.
- Combine broccoli, onion, garlic, chili, cornflour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix well and divide into equal parts.
- Shape and roll into the bread crumbs.
- Shallow fry on a griddle using a little oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Dry breadcrumbs: Toast or grill the bread slices, cut and grind in the mixi. You can use ready-made unsweetened toast.
- Fresh breadcrumbs: Grind bread slices in the mixi.
Recipe idea: www.tarladalal.com