हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Millet (Jowar/Jwari)- 1 kg
- Whole black gram (urad) or whole green gram (mung) - 250 gm
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Sea Salt - to taste or 1 tsp
Ingredients For Bhakri:
- Kalana flour- 2 cups
- Cumin-coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- Combine Kalana flour, cumin-coriander powder and curd in a big plate or bowl and mix well. Knead nicely to make a soft dough. Use water as need.
- Make round balls out of this dough. On a flat surface, sprinkle little flour and pat the ball with your palm or roll it like roti. Keep flattening the ball in circular motion to make round shape like roti. Don't make it too thin.
- Heat a thick griddle (tawa). Lower the flame. Now place Bhakri on griddle in such a way that the lower portion of bhakri should be on griddle. Now spread little of water on upper side of bhakri. When water on bhakri dries, flip over and roast from other side.
- Now remove from griddle and keep it on the direct flame. It will get puffed.
- Serve hot with thecha, bharit and mattha.
- We can make "Puri" from this flour. Make dough as above mentioned, divide in small dough. Roll it and deep fry them.
- In this way, you can make any type of bhakri except rice. You need boiling water to make rice bhakri.