- Suki ambadi/Suki karandi/Dried small white prawns - ½ cup
- Onion, finely chopped- 1 cup or 1 large
- Tomato, finely chopped- ½ cup (optional)
- Garlic, bruised or crushed- 8 cloves
- Homemade masala or Malwani masala or Sunday masala- 2 to 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Kokam petals- 2 to 3
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash properly and soak suki ambadi in regular temperature of water for 15 minutes. Then squeeze them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan or small pressure pan. Add garlic, onion and sauté till it turns pink.
- Add hing, turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds. Add masala powder and tomato. Sauté for a minute.
- Add soaked & squeezed suka jawala. Sauté for a minute.
- Add salt & kokam and mix well.
- Add little water and mix well. Cover with lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low-med heat. Stir in between.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with rice or ragi roti/ bhakari.
- Here I used Suki Ambadi but we can make this type of curry with any type of dried prawns or with fresh prawns also.
- We can use Raw mango/kairi or Dried raw mango/aamboshi instead of Kokam.
- You can make some curry using some extra water. Thus you can eat with rice.