- Drumstick Flowers- 2 cups
- Onion, chopped- 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic, crushed- 4 cloves
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Homemade mix masala/Malwani masala- 2 to 3 tsp or (1½ tsp Red chilli powder+ 1 tsp Goda masala)
- Oil- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Jaggery- a pinch or to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Fresh coconut, scrapped- 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Wash flowers and chop roughly.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When they crackled, add garlic and onion.
- Saute onion till it turned pink.
- Add hing, turmeric powder and mix masala or chilli powder. Saute a while.
- Add chopped drumstick flowers. Sprinkle little water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 minutes or till cooked. Saute in between. Sprinkle little water if needed.
- When flowers are cooked add salt and jaggery. Add goda masala if you are using. Sprinkle very little water and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the gas. Garnish with chopped coriander and scraped coconut.
- Serve hot with roti or rice and dal.