The bite of creamy mushroom toast is just heaven.
- Mushrooms, sliced- 2 cups or 6 nos.
- Butter- 3 tsp + some more for toasting bread
- Garlic, minced- 5-6 cloves
- Celery, finely chopped - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Onion, chopped- 1 med
- Fresh cream (Store bought)- ¼ cup or some more
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper 1 tsp or to taste
- Chilli flakes- 1 tsp (optional)
- Mix herb- 1 tsp
- Brown bread or any long thick crust bread, sliced- as required
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add butter, onion, celery and garlic. Sauté over med heat for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and salt. Sauté while and add pepper, chili flakes, mix herbs. Mix well.
- Sauté mushrooms for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are nicely cooked.
- Lower the heat and add the cream. Stir well for a while and switch off the gas.
- Pour these mushrooms over the toasted bread slices and serve hot.
- You can use parsley instead of celery.
- You can spread some grated cheese over the mushroom toast.