हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Green peas/matar - 1 cup (You can use fresh green bengal gram/hare chane or pigeon peas/hare tuvar instead of matar. They are equally good.)
- Onion, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Ginger, chopped- ½ inch piece
- Garlic, chopped - 3 to 4 cloves
- Green chillies, chopped - 1 to 2
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Fennel seeds- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder - ¼ tsp
- Besan / Gram or Chickpea flour - 3 tbsp
- Rice flour or fine semolina/suji- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Grind together ginger, garlic, chillies, coriander leaves, cumin and fennel seeds without water. You can use mortar and pestle /sil-batta.
- Add green peas and grind coarsely without water. You can use food processor.
- Put out this mixture in a bowl, add chopped onion, red chilli powder, besan, rice flour and salt.
- Mix together and make small lemon sized balls.
- Heat oil properly. Deep fry on med to low heat. Falafels are ready. (You can shallow fry also. But blanch the green peas and slightly roast the besan before using.)
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or yogurt dip. Eat as it is or in pocket sandwich using pita bread.
- Thick curd/ yogurt- ¼ cup
- Peanuts, roasted and peeled- 2 tbsp
- Sesame seeds, roasted- ½ to 1 tsp
- Garlic, chopped- 2 to 3 cloves
- Red chili powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
Grind peanuts and sesame seeds into fine powder. Add curd, garlic, chilli powder and salt into this powder. Grind again and make smooth paste.
Serving as Indian style:
Cut Jawar-Bajara roti/bhakari into 2 parts. Spread some yogurt dip. Lay spinach or lettuce leaves, tomato slices, cucumber slices and onion slices. Arrange 3 to 4 falafels on it and enjoy!