हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Oil For deep Frying- as required
- Readymade samosa patti- 1 pack
- Potatoes, boiled- 2 large
- Green peas, blanched or boiled- 1½ cup
- Green chilies- 4
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- 2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Dried mango powder (aamchur)- ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- ¼ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tbsp
- Water - 2 to 3 tbsp
- Peel potatoes and make small cubes or mashed roughly.
- Crush green chilies and cumin seeds coarsely.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add crushed chilii-cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, hing, turmeric powder and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add potato cubes and green peas. Add salt. Put the heat on medium. Sauté for a minute. Cover the pan with lid. Sauté in between.
- Add garam masala, aamchur and mix well.Slightly mash with spoon. Let it cool.
- Mixing flour and water to make a thick paste, this is your sticking paste. Set aside till use.
- Lay samosa patti/sheet on board.
- Place filling and fold. Every fold you have to spread little sticking paste. Fold and fold........when you come to the end, spread some sticking paste and seal.
- Do all samosas as same way.
- During all process, you have to cover patti/sheets and samosas with damp cloth.
- While using frozen patti, put out them 20 mins from the freezer before you prepare them.
- Always cover them with damp cloth when you work with the others, otherwise they are cracked due to drying.
- You can keep remaining sheets/samosa patti in airlock bags in freezer.
- You can store raw samosa in freezer also. Keep them in airlock bags. When you want to fry them, take it from freezer and fry them directly, don't need to thaw.
- You can stuff any thing veg or non-veg or sweet filling . Be innovative with stuffing.
Some Filling Ideas:
- Chicken mince
- Soya granules, veggies
- Spinach, corn, cheese
- Green peas, paneer
- Tofu, veggies
- Khoya, dry fruits
- Chocolate, dry fruits
- Fruits, ricotta cheese
- Cabbage, carrot, capsicum, spring onion etc with Chinese sauces & spices
- Carrot, capsicum, corn etc with Italian herbs & spices
- Mushroom, cheese
I had some leftover samosa patti.......made Veg Crispy Roll