- Potatoes, boiled- 2 large
- Green peas (matar)- ¾ to 1 cup
- Onion, chopped- 1 med (optional)
Green chilies, chopped- 4 to 5
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing)- ¼
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Coriander, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Boil and peel potatoes, cut into small cubes. You may blanch green peas or use as it is.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan or Kadai. Add mustard seeds, when it crackles add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilies and chopped onion.
- Saute onion till becomes pink. Add turmeric and hing. Mix well.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, saute for a while.
- Add green peas and little salt, mix well. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes or till they becomes tender.
- Add potato, coriander and salt as required. Mix well. Cover the pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
- Serve hot this bhaji with chapati or puri.