- Chickpeas, boiled- 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (add more if required for blending)
- Garlic- 5 small cloves (Indian size)
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder or cayenne pepper- 1 tsp or to taste
- Roasted cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp (or ¼ cup tahini)
- Salt- to taste
- Soak chickpeas for minimum 8 hours. Boil with salt. Cook till soft.
- Roast the sesame seeds.
- Grind sesame seeds into fine powder.
- Add cooked chickpeas, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic, salt, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in the same grinder.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Pour this paste~hummus in the bowl. Dazzle some olive oil and sprinkle little chili powder and cumin powder.