- Clean, sift and discard any impurities like stone or any unwanted fish. Do not wash. (Use as it is, that's why your dried prawns should be fresh, white and clean.)
- Dry roast in a deep tawa or wok till they change their colour and become slightly reddish.
- Combine chopped onion, coriander, raw mango, masala powder, oil and salt in the bowl and mix well.
- When you going to eat, only that time you mix this roasted dried prawns with onion mixture. Otherwise they will become soft and they will lost their crunchiness. (You can crumble these roasted tiny prawns with hand.)
- Serve with nachani (finger millet) or rice bhakari. It's popular breakfast in the "Kokan".
- You can add some fresh scrapped coconut.
- You can add tamarind juice.
- Any type of dried fish is used to make 'Kismur' in Goa. Roast dried fishes first, then crush and use.
- Instead of dry fish, you can make this with roasted papad. Roast the papads and crush them into tiny pieces. And follow the exact same recipe above.