हि पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून ………. इथे क्लिक करा.
- Rice- 1 cup
- Curd/yogurt - 1½ cup (should not too sour)
- Cucumber- 1 med. (optional)
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- 1 string
- Dry red chilies- 2 to 3
- Splits of black gram (Urad dal)- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Peanuts- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Cook rice and cool the rice to room temperature.
- Transfer rice into a large sized bowl. Separate it's grains.
- Add yogurt and salt. Mix well.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan or small pan. Fry peanuts and take out.
- Spread cucumber pieces and peanuts on the rice.
- Add urad dal in hot oil in the tadaka pan and fry till color turns pink. Then add mustard seeds, red chilies, curry leaves and hing . Turn off the heat and pour this tempering into curd rice.
- Mix well and serve.
Tips and Variations:
- If you like soft and runny curd rice, add ¼ cup cold milk.
- You can add grated ginger in curd rice for a twist.
- You can add red or green grapes or pomegranate kernels or white sweet onion. But do not store or carry this curd rice when you used any kind of fruit or vegetables. The rice becomes bitter and soggy.
- You may use dried stuffed chillies (sandagi mirachya) instead of red chillies. The rice becomes more tasty.