This pickle can also be used as a spread for your bread/sandwich Or a dip with your chips.
ही पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून .....इथे क्लिक करा.
- Raw Mango- 1 kg (approx 2 cups in grated form)
- Sugar- approx 4 cups (may be needs less than or more than, depends upon sourness of mango)
- Red chili powder- 8 tsp
- Roasted cumin crush- 2 tsp
- Salt- 2 tbsp or to taste
- Wash and wipe the raw mangoes. Peel the skin and grate them.
- Combine grated raw mango and sugar in big bowl. (Do not add sugar at a time, may be needs less than or more than, depends upon sourness of mango. Taste little, then add slowly. You can add sugar after 2-3 days after tasting.) Mix well.
- Pour this mixture in a dry and clean glass jar. (You can keep this bowl also.) Cover with muslin or thin cotton cloth.
- Keep in strong sun for 8 to 10 days.
- Everyday stir well this before keeps in sun.
- When sugar dissolves and the mixture turns sticky, add chili powder, cumin crush and salt. Mix well.
- Now keep only for one day in a sun. Chunda is ready now.
- Serve with any paratha, puri or roti. You can add this in fasting menu.
- Keep this jar in a dry place. Do not touch with wet hand or spoon.
- You may keep this in refrigerator also.
- Don't rub a salt on grated raw mango and don't squeeze the water. Because chunda become very dry.
- Don't keep chunda in a sun more than one day after mixed chili powder, thus chunda become blackish.
- Do this chunda in mid of April. The sun is really strong that time.