My Karavari neighbour taught me this delicacy and my family love it.....
- Split green gram (moong dal)- 1 cup
- Jaggery, grated- ½ cup
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Clarified butter (pure ghee) - 2 tbsp
- Cashews nuts- 6
- Almonds- 6
- Salt - 1 small pinch
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a non-stick wok/kadhai or heavy bottom pan, roast almonds and cashew nuts to golden. Remove them to plate. Crush them coarsely.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in the same pan, add moong dal and roast till it turns light red colour and releases nice aroma.
- Cook the dal with ½ cup of water till it becomes soft. Dal should be cooked well thus it would be mash completely. (You can pressure cook moong dal for 3 whistles.)
- Once dal will cooked well, mash the dal with ravi/hand blender.
- Add the melted jaggery, salt and some water to mashed dal and stir well.
- Boil on low flame with stirring.
- When dal starts boiling, add the coconut milk and stir well for 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and the roasted and crushed nuts. Stir well and remove from the gas.
- Serve hot.