- Thalipith Bhajani- 1 cup
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped- a handful
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Carom seeds- 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt- to taste
- Hot oil (mohan)- 1 tbsp
- Warm water- approx ¾ cup
- Oil for deep frying- as required
- Combine thalipith bhajani, red chili powder, turmeric powder, hing, sesame seeds, carom seeds, chopped coriander and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add very hot oil to it. Let it cool little bit.
- Add hot water to the mixture and knead it into a semi-hard dough. Add the water in little by little while kneading the dough.
- The dough should be kneaded nicely. Once done, cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal balls.
- Take a small plastic sheet. Apply little water. Place 1 dough ball on it and pat and make round vada. Poke with finger in center.
- Deep fry vada over high to medium heat until nicely done from both sides.
- Drain it on a absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with curd.
- While making Thalipith Bhajani, if dals are not properly roasted, vada doesn't become crispy.
- If the Vada breaks during frying, then add either wheat flour or rice flour to the dough and also increase the seasoning accordingly.
- To read recipe, Thalipeeth Bhajani......click here.
भाजणीचे वडे: संपूर्ण रेसिपी मराठीत वाचण्यासाठी क्लिक करा.