हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Thick rice or idly rice - 1½ cup
- Split bengal gram (chana dal)- ½ cup
- Split pigeon gram (toovar dal)- ¼ cup
- Split black gram (urad dal)- ¼ cup
- Split green gram (moong dal)- ¼ cup
- Split red lentil (masur dal)*- ¼ cup (optional)
- Fenugrrek seeds (methi dana)*- ½ tsp (optional)
- Onion or shallots, chopped- 1 cup
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped- a handful
- Curry leaves, finely chopped- 2 tbsp or 2 sprigs
- Green chilli, finely chopped*- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Ginger, grated- 2 tbsp
- Fresh coconut, scrapped- 2 tbsp
- Asafetida (hing)- ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder*- ¼ tsp (optional)
- Red chilies (Byadagi chilies)- 10 or Red chili powder- 2 to 3 tsp
- Soda bi carb/baking soda- a pinch (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil for frying- as required
- Wash and soak rice and all dal separately for minimum 5 hours or over night. Soak methi dana in dals.
- Grind red chillies with rice. Keep in a big bowl.
- Grind all dals coarsely with minimum required water.
- Mix ground rice and dals well and set aside for 2 to 5 hours. (or make immediately too.) But standing time yields better result.
- Just before making adai, add chopped onion, coriander, curry leaves, chili, ginger and scrapped coconut.
- Also add turmeric powder, hing, salt and baking soda. Mix well by stirring. The batter should be thicker than idly dosa batter. So adjust water as needed.
- Heat the tawa and spread little oil and spread one ladle full of batter. Make thick dosa than regular dosa.
- Pour little oil around and drizzle over the adai.
- Turn heat to medium. Close it with a lid and cook for a minute. Then flip the dosa and cook for a minute again.
- Serve hot with tomato chutney or coconut chutney or any type of chutney.
- This is not original recipe. I have added some additional ingredients to give my touch. Ingredients which I marked with *, these are extra ingredients. You may omit them.
- If you are making dosa immediately after grinding then only use baking soda.
- Grind rice and dal separately. Grind dal coarsely.
- You can make thin dosa from this batter. Make thin batter by adding some water.
- In case mistakenly batter became thin, add fine semolina (rava/suji). Rest the batter for min 1 hr after that.
- To make wholesome meal add some vegetables in a batter like carrot, cabbage, spring onion, capsicum, spinach, drumstick leaves or dill leaves.