- Fresh green peas (matar)- 1½ cup
- Potato- 2 med size
- Onion, finely chopped - 1 cup
- Tomato, chopped- ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 2 or 3
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Asafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Nilon's Sabji masala or Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Veg. oil- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Peel potato and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a large pan or kadai (wok). Add onion & sauté till it turn golden brown.
- Add hing, turmeric powder, chili powder & sauté for few seconds.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add green peas, potato & some water. Cover & cook for 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Add tomato, salt, garam masala & some water. Mix well & cook for 3-4 minutes on low heat until peas & potato cooked.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot with chapati or in a meal as side.
- If matar are frozen, add later to avoid overcook.
- You may add some coconut paste or cashew paste for thickness. But I don't use anything for this curry.