हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Readymade short Vermicelli/ sevai- 1 cup
- Clarified butter (Pure/desi ghee)- 1 tbsp
- Water- ½ cup
- Milk with cream- 1½ to 2 cup
- Sugar- 5 to 6 tbsp (or as your like)
- Cardamom powder- ½ tsp
- Raisins (Kishmish)- 2 tbsp
- Almonds- 6
- Cashew nuts- 6
- Saffron (keshar)- 1 pinch (optional)
- Slice or chop almonds and cashew nuts coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick pan. Add vermicelli and roast on low heat until color changes to light brown. Don't burn, stir continuously.
- Add slices of almonds and cashew nuts. Roast them for a minute along with vermicelli.
- Add water (you may use totally milk instead of water), cover and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add sugar, saffron and milk. Once milk comes to boil, add cardamom powder and raisins.
- Let the vermicelli cook on low heat. Stir in between, otherwise milk and vermicelli can stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Garnish with almond slices and saffron. Serve hot or chilled.