- Paneer/cottage cheese, cubed- 150 gm
- Onion- 1 large size
- Capsicum- 1
- Tomato- 1
- Hung curd (chakka)- ½ cup
- Homemade butter/ butter- 1 tbsp
- Tikka/tandoori masala- 2 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Cumin (jeera) powder- 1 tsp
- Chaat masala- 2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Red chili Powder- 1 tsp or to taste
- Red food colour- a pinch (optional)
- Rock salt/ Salt- to taste
Salad For Tikka:
- Onion, Julienne- 1 cup
- Tomato, deseeded and julienne- ½ cup
- Capsicum, julienne- ¼ cup
- Cabbage, julienne- ¼ cup
- Carrot, julienne- ¼ cup
- Chat masala, lemon juice, chilli powder, black salt/salt- to taste
Mix all ingredients for marinade and keep aside. Cut paneer into approx. ½″ thick cubes.
Marinate paneer cubes for min. 1 hour. If you want to keep them for extra more time, then keep them in the refrigerator.
Remove the seeds of tomato. Cut all vegetables into cubes. Rub salt and pepper on them, keep aside.
Or you can use this roasting net.....
Or.... Preheat your grill on medium. Put the paneer skewers on it and brush with a little cooking oil. Grill till paneer is light golden and the veggies soft.
Do not overcook the paneer will become rubbery.
Place on a plate and sprinkle with Chaat Masala.
Serve with lemon wedges, salad and mint chutney.
Serve piping hot as a starter!