हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
Varicha Bhat (Spicy Samo Rice)
- Vari/Bhagar(Morayo or Samo seeds)- 1 cup
- Water- 2 ½ cups
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- Green chilli- 1
- Scrapped fresh coconut- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Peanut oil or clarified butter- 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast vari till turns light brown.
- Heat peanut oil or clarified butter in pan. Add cumin seeds & scrapped coconut. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vari, salt & mix well. Add 2 ¼ of hot water & mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes or till all the water is absorbed & vari become soft like rice.
- Serve hot with ‘Shengdanyachi Amati’ & yogurt.
- Eat as it is with only yogurt, it’s also tasty.
- It goes very well with Upavasachi kadhi, Upvasachi Batata Bhaji and Coconut Chutney also.
- Roasted, peeled & unsalted peanuts- 1 cup
- Potatoes- 2 med. size
- Chili powder- 1 to 2 tsp (as per personal like)
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns- 2
- Clarified Butter (Ghee) or oil- 1 tbsp
- Water-2 ½ cups or little more
- Jaggery – a pinch (optional)
- Grind peanuts & cumin seeds with some water into fine paste. Peel, wash & cut potato into small pieces.
- Heat oil in wok, add black peppercorns, chilli powder & potato. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add some water & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut pest, water & salt. Cover & cook for 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency of curry, if necessary then add water. Cook till potato cooks.