It tastes great when eaten with curry, subzi, curd, pickle, chutney or tomato ketchup.
Yield : 16 parathas
- Bottle gourd (lauki /dudhi), peeled & grated- 2 ½ cups
- Wheat flour- 3 cups
- Gram flour (besan)- 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) - ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds (Til)- 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder or green chilli crush- 2 tsp or as per your taste
- Cumin seeds powder (jeera powder)- 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- ¼ cup
- Oil for kneding - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying- as required
Peel and grate the dudhi. Squeeze lightly but do not throw it's juce.
Combine grated dudhi, turmeric powder, hing, ginger-garlic paste and gram flour. Microwave for 3 minutes.
Or heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add grated dudhi, termeric powder, hing and ginger garlic paste and saute for few minutes. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on simmer. Add gram flour, mix well and swich off the gas.
Add coriander, chilli powder or crush, sesame seeds, cumin seeds powder and salt.
Take one portion of the dough, roll out each portion into a small circle's.
Use plastic sheet/paper to roll. Using plastic paper, you can roll the paratha without using extra flour. When you are roasting paratha, it will required less oil this way.