- Ripe Mangoes (preferably Alphonso or Payari) - 4
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder - ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder- a pinch
- Pure ghee- 2 tsp (optional)
- Wash and press the mangoes from all sides. Squeeze the mango pulp and discard the seeds. (or cut the mangoes and put out the pulp.)
- Combine mango pulp, sugar, milk, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder. Blend together into smooth paste.
- Refrigerate it and let it cool for some time.
- Serve with puris or rotis.
- Adjust the milk according to consistency required and sugar according to sweet taste required.
- Actually I don't like using ghee in aamras according to taste. But my hubby like it and gives encouraged to use this. Because according to Ayurveda, ghee is helpful in digestion of mango.