(This picture was taken in hurry hence not good, but I assure you the recipe is very good and it looks better than in this picture.)
I used here 2 cups of shredded jackfruit, remaining I kept in deep-freezer in air tight container. Please see how to make Jackfruit Kebab from this.
- Val/Field beans, sprouted & peeled- ½ cup
- Garlic cloves, bruised-4 to 5
- Young jackfruit, boiled & shredded- 2 cups
- Onion, chopped- ½ cup
- Homemade mix masala or malwani masala- 3 tsp
- Goda masala- 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Asafetida (hing)- ½ tsp
- Kokam- 2-3 petals
- Jaggary- ½ tsp
- Oil- 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Scraped fresh coconut- ¼ cup
- Chopped coriander- ¼ cup
- You may use (2 tsp Chilli powder + 1 tsp Goda or Garam masala) instead of mix or malwani masala.
- You can use lentil, black peas, small red lobia or split bengal gram. Soak for 5-6 hours and use. But remember, every beans have different cooking time.
- If you are not using the val beans, then do not use kokam and jaggary. But if you like jaggary, so you can use it.