- Raw Mango, grated- 1 medium sized (½ cup)
- Onion, chopped finely- ¾ to 1 cup (I prefer to use white onion)
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds- ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp or to taste
- Jaggery, grated- 2 tsp to 2 tbsp (as per the sourness of the raw mango and your like, I used 2 tsp)
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Peel and grate the raw mango.
- Combine chopped onion, chili powder, salt and jaggery in the bowl. Mix well with hands.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add fenugreek seeds, hing and turmeric powder. Let it cool.
- Pour this tadka on the mango-onion mixture and mix well.
- Serve it with paratha or curd rice or as side in a meal.
- It can be stored 3 to 4 days in a refrigerator.