- Carrot, grated - 500 gm
- Milk- 1 cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Mava (khoya)- ½ cup / 100 gm
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder- ½ tsp
- Chopped or sliced nuts like almonds, cashew nuts- ¼ cup
- Wash and peel the carrots.
- Combine ghee and grated carrot in a microwave proof bowl and microwave uncovered on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and stir well. Microwave on high for about 10 minutes, stirring in-between after 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and khoya. Mix well. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring in-between.
- Add chopped nuts and mix well. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring in-between after 2-3 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Serve hot or on room temperature.
I used here only 100 gm khoya. This way, you feel taste of carrots. My hubby like this type of halwa. But you want to make more rich and creamy, then add extra 100 gm khoya and ¼ cup sugar in the halwa. I tried both.