- Extra Firm Tofu/Soya paneer- 200 gm
- Green Pepper/Capsicum- 2
- White bulbs/parts of spring onion- 6 to 8
- Green part of spring onion, finely chopped- ¼ cup
- Hot chilli-garlic sauce or Chilli-garlic paste or Sambal Oelek- 2 tbsp or to taste
- Soy Sauce- 2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar or Lime juice- ½ tsp
- Brown sugar- ½ tsp or to taste
- Sesame seeds- 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cut the Tofu in cubes.
- Combine soy sauce, hot chilli-garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, lime juice, brown sugar, pepper and salt in the bowl. Mix well.
- Add tofu cubes in this mixture and marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Lightly dry roast sesame seeds, keep aside.
- Cut spring onion bulbs vertically into two parts. Cut capsicum into cubes.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the spring onion bulbs and capsicum. Add little salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add marinated tofu cubes along with marination.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes until nicely combined.
- Put in the serving dish, sprinkle chopped green spring onion and roasted sesame seeds on it.
- Serve hot with noodles or fried-rice.
- You can use cottage cheese/paneer, small chicken chunks or prawns or even boiled eggs instead of Tofu.
- You can use Schezwan sauce instead of chili-garlic sauce.