ही पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून ..........इथे क्लिक करा.
- Grated Beet root – ½ cup
- Scraped fresh coconut- 1 cup (When you measure it, fill as much as possible scraped coconut in the cup by pressing)
- Sugar- 1 ¼ cups
- Green cardamoms powder- 1 tsp or Rose incense- 2 to 3 drops
- Milk with cream- 1 cup
- Clarified butter (desi ghee)- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Wash & peel the beetroot. Grate it or grind coarsely without water.
- Scrap the coconut (grated coconut don't work here) , take only white part. For this quantity requires approx 1 large size or 2 med. size coconut.
- Grease a plate or square tray with 1 tsp ghee.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in large non-stick pan. Add beetroot crush and saute on median heat for 5-7 minutes or till become soft.
- Add scraped coconut, milk, sugar in and mix well.
- Stir continuously for 15-20 minutes on medium heat or till the mixture reduce, thick & separate from pan edge.
- Add green cardamoms powder & sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Pour immediately this mixture to greased plate or tray. Spread evenly as fast as possible with the help of s.s. bowl (katori). Cut in to diamond shape (remember cut burfis when the mixture is hot).
- Cool and store in airtight container.
- Fresh coconut has a short life, so consume this vadi/ burfi as soon as possible or store in refrigerator.