ही पाककृती वाचा मराठीतून....... इथे क्लिक करा.
- Bhajani (Roasted multi grain flour)- 1 cup
- Chopped onion- 1 cup
- Red chilly powder or homemade masala- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Hing (Asafetida)- ¼ tsp
- Sesame seeds (Teel)- 1 tbsp
- Chopped fresh coriander- ¼ cup or as your choise
- Salt to taste
- Oil - as required
- Water – approx. ¾ cup
Take above all above mentioned ingredients except flour, water and oil in a big plate or bowl.
Mix well & crumple with hand. Thus onion become soft.
Add flour and water, kned dove. Divide the dough in 3 to 4 parts, it depends on what size of thalipeeth you want.
Take a clean and wet cloth and keep it on a flat surface. Then take a small ball of the dough and pat it evenly to make a small thalipeeth. While spreading the thalipeeth dip your hand in a bowl of water and then again spread the thalipeeth so that the dough becomes wet and spreads easily.
Lift the cloth along with the thalipeeth which sticks to the cloth and put it on the tawa with the thalipeeth touching the tawa. Slowly remove the cloth.
Apply some oil on a cold pan, put dough on it.
Pat this with hands in pan. Make holes for pour oil.
With a spoon put some oil from the sides and in the holes. cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on simmer. Fry until it becomes crisp and golden brown from both sides.
And your tasty thalipeeth is ready to eat. Serve the hot thalipeeth with a dollop of butter on top. It tastes wonderful with when eaten along with curds or even tomato ketchup.
Tips and Variations:
- Use non-stick pan mostly, it reqiurs less oil.
- To increase the nutritional value of the recipe and make it even more zesty, add one or more of these vegetables: spring onions, cabbage, carrot, radish, bottle guard, pumpkin, potato, leafy vegetables like spinach, raddish etc.
- Use vegetables separately or make mix vegetables thalipeeth.
- Use this thalipeeth like pizza base. Serve like pizza for kids.