- Rice flour (coarsely grinded)- 1 cup (not too fine and not too coarse like rawa, the flour texture should be like bhajani flour.)
- Water - 1+1/4 cups (may need some less –more, adjust the consistency)
- Salt- one pinch
- Oil or ghee- as required
Once pan is hot, drizzle or spray few drops of oil.
Dosa should be thin but not too thin. Pour little oil at all sides of dosa.
Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or till all sides start leaving edges, turn (flip) it and let it cook for another 1 minute . Do not make it crispy like dosa.
Ghavan is ready. Serve hot with green coconut chutney or potato fry subji.
We eat this 'ghavan' with jaggery and ghee in the breakfast. It rocks......
- You can add 1 pinch of fenugreek powder in it. It enhances flavour.
- It is plain ghavan, but we can make it spicy ghavan or 'dhirade' also.
Sweet Dish Version:
- In our “Kokan” region, this ghavan serve with Ghatala/ Gulavanee. Ghatala/ Gulavanee is one of the sweet dish which is made from jaggery and coconut milk. I”ll give this recipe later.
- Even this ghavan stuff with “Chav” means Modaka’s stuffing.
- For sweet version, You can add 1 tbsp of jaggry in this batter also.
- When you want to serve this ghavana with sweet dish, you can use milk or coconut milk and ghee instead of water and oil, for better and authentic taste.