- Raw green mango - 1 medium sized
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Black or pink salt - ½ tsps or to taste
- Sugar - 4 to 5 tbsp (depends upon sourness of mango)
- Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
- Mint leaves - 10 + some extra for garnishing
- Chilled water - approx 2 cups
- Ice cubes- as required
- Roast raw mango on a grill on your stove top till the skin gets chared and the flesh is soft.
- Keep covered for few minutes and let it cool.
- Once cool, the charred skin can peel off easily. Remove the seed.
- Combine pulp, sugar, mint leaves, cumin powder, pepper and salt in a mixer. Grind into smooth paste.
- Put out the paste in large bowl or jug. Add chilled water and mix well. Check seasoning, add salt, cumin powder or sugar if needed
- Pour panha in a glass. Add ice cubes and finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
- Serve chilled…Enjoy the delicious summer treat!
- You can use jaggery instead of sugar.
- You can boil mangos.
- Cumin, mint leaves and black salt give a nice taste to Mango Panha but I like our authentic Maharashtrian style Panha (click here for recipe) more. ;)