This is an instant method. Traditionary, it is a a very lengthy process. But this process takes few minutes only.
This is an original Chunda recipe (click here).
- Raw mangoes (preferably Rajapuri), grated- 2 cups/4 med size/ 1 kg
- Sugar- approx 3 cups (may be needs less than or more than, depends upon sourness of mango)
- Cumin seeds, roasted and coarsely crushed - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 6 to 8 tsp
- Salt- 1 tbsp or to taste
- Remove skin of raw mangoes and grate them. Discard the seeds.
- Combine grated mango, sugar, cloves and salt in the heavy bottom pan.
- Mix well and keep it for 1 hour. Thus it discharges juice.
- Cook carefully this mixture on low-med heat till the sugar syrup is of two string consistency. Stir in between.
- Switch off gas and add crushed cumin and red chilli powder. Give a nice stir and cool completely.
- Shift this chumda in a sterilized and dry glass jar.
- It stay fresh and in good condition in refrigerator. You can even keep it even outside fridge for 2 months or more but depends upon climate.
- Enjoy this murabba with chapati, paratha or bread.