हि पाककृती मराठीतून वाचण्यासाठी इथे क्लिक करा.
- Spinach- 1 medium bunch (you can use fenugreek or chakvat)
- Buttermilk- 2 cups
- Peanuts- ¼ cup
- Split bengal gram (chana dal)- 1 tbsp
- Bengal gram flour (besan)- 2 tbsp
- Green chilies, finely chopped- 2 to 4
- Oil or pure ghee- 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tspAsafetida (Hing)- ¼ tsp
- Dry red chilies, torn- 2 (I used 5 small "Bor" chilies)
- Sugar- a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Wash peanuts and chana dal. Soak them for 2 hours.
- Wash and finely chop spinach leaves.
- Combine chopped spinach and chilles along with some water in cooker separator .
- Put peanuts and chana dal in other separator or in small bowl.
- Put both separators in pressure cooker and cook till 2 to 3 whistles given out.
- Once the pressure is released, whisk till the spinach is almost mashed. Add besan and whisk again.
- Add some water in spinach mixture and boil it. Keep stirring continuously until curry starts boiling.
- Once it is boiled, add buttermilk, salt and sugar. Keep stirring continuously until curry starts boiling. (If you stop stirring, curry become curdle or separate.)
- Meanwhile heat ghee or oil in a small pan. Add cumin seeds, red chills, turmeric powder and hing. Mix it and add cooked peanuts & chana dal. Mix well and saute for a minute.
- Add this tempring or tadka in boiling curry.
- Give a quick stir and cover this curry with a lid. Switch off the gas.
- After 5 minutes, give a nice stir to curry. Now it is ready for serve.
- Serve hot with chapatti or steamy rice.
- Buttermilk should be thick and sour.
- If buttermilk has less sourness, add little tamarind pulp in the curry.