For grilled paneer and capsicum:-
- Paneer, cut into 1 inch cubes- 250 gm
- Capsicum, cut into 1 inch cubes- 2
- Chat masala- 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- as required
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Tomato- 3 med (boil and make puree)
- Onion, finely chopped- 2 med or 1½ cup
- Red chilli powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain)- ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- ½ tsp
- Caraway seeds or Black cumin seeds (shahi jeera)- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi- ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Green chilli, finely chopped- 1
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped- 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream- 2 tbsp to ¼ cup (optional)
- Cut paneer into 1 inch cubes and marinate with chilli powder, chaat masala and salt. Keep aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat little oil on the tawa or grill pan. Add capsicum cubes and sprinkle a little salt on them. Stirfry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stirfry or grill marinated paneer on the same tawa.
- Heat oil on a tawa or pan and add the ajwain and cumin seeds. Let cumin seeds crackled.
- Add the onions and a little salt. Saute till they turn brown.
- Add shahi jeera, ginger-garlic paste, tomato purée and saute for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and cook till the oil separates from the gravy. Keep aside.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Add the fried paneer cubes, fried capsicum, garam masala and salt. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi and green chillies. Give a nice stir for a minute.
- If you want to add fresh cream, add it now and mix gently for a while.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
If you like a creamy texture of gravy or mild flavours then add cream. Otherwise, it tastes great without cream also.